1. Tell us a bit about yourself. How often do you train or workout?
I'm Renee Gadar, from Harlem, NYC and I’m the Global Artistic Director of Texture for Aveda. I train 4 times a week. Usually for an hour to an hour and a half each session, varying between HIIT and running miles.
2. Why is a healthy lifestyle important to you?
I have 3 jobs and two kids. One, I need a corner of time that is just for me. Two, it’s where I work out my stress. Three, as a black woman, it dawned on me one day how much my hair has limited my life and that I wasn’t interested in that anymore.
3. Haircare can be tough for people who lead active lifestyles. Tell us about your #Hairgame routine. What issues do you have with it?
I cleanse my hair with shampoo once every 6-8 wks. Sometimes I will rinse, co-wash and condition in between those shampoos. For the last 4 years I’ve been frequently blowing out my hair. I only use a flat iron on my roots in the front, everything else I blow out then put into Bantu knots. At night I sleep in either Bantu knots, 2 or 3 corn rows or a single bun and a satin scarf.
4. What do you do to your hair before and after training/workout?
When I exercise I put my hair in a tight bun at the top of my head and a bandana. Once my workout is complete, I remove the bandana, brush the front of my hair down and replace with a satin scarf. Once hair feels dry I let it down
5. We know that there are a lot of hair products on shelves right now. What’s the most important product on your shelf? And if you could have a dream hair product what would it do?
The Nutriplenish Leave in Conditioner. It’s 94% vegan and promises 72 hours of replenished moisture! My dream product is one that has subtle hold, provides shine and real moisture with all natural ingredients.
Some Quick-Fire Questions:
What’s your curl pattern?
Medium Coil (4B)
Curls love them or hate them?
#fadegame: high, mid, low or no fade?
Comb, brush or finger detangling?
Finger detangle all the way
If you had to choose one, would it be a shampoo or conditioner?
Washday: everyday, weekly, once a month?
Hair masks or hair treatments?
Natural ingredients or synthetic?